Monday, 31 December 2012
Sunday, 30 December 2012
Title: Birth of a Black Hole
The video clip is about how black holes are formed and when the gamma rays from the black holes were first spotted on Earth by spy satellites in 1960s. It actually took 30 years for scientists to find out what they were. Black Holes are celestial bodies with such an intense pull that nothing can escape from it. There are actually many theories to how Black holes are formed. The most common theory is where a star of mass 3 times the Sun's reaches the end of its life, gets crushes under its own gravity, leaving behind a compact black hole.
These are the few points that I have learnt:
- How long it takes for a gigantic star to use up all its nuclear energy.
- What is a black hole
- What a star gives out when it explodes into a black hole
Saturday, 29 December 2012
View Places I like to go in Singapore in a larger map
I like to go to:
1) Sentosa Island as it has many of Singapore's exciting places, like: Universal Studios Singapore, Siloso beach and many more.
2) Jurong Bird Park as there are many kinds of birds there, like penguins and flamingos etc, especially those that I have never seen before.
3) Yishun Safra Club as I often go swimming there with my family. Besides, I also like to swim there.
4) Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant as it offers great views of the place as it moves and while I eat. Although I have only been there once, I still can remember it clearly.
My name is Joseph Lim Wee Hao and I am often addressed as Jo in my previous school. Since I have already gotten used to it, it would be good for my peers to address me in the same way. Some of the favourite things I like to do is drawing and exploring what I can do in the computer game, minecraft.
I like to play basketball as my favourite sport since young. My favourite pastimes are reading and playing PC games. Comics and adventurous books are the types of books I like to read. People often think of me as an active and talkative person. When people hand me a task, I tend to think about it before taking action.
My favourite sport - this is the hyperlink to the picture that I would like to share with my peers as my favourite sport.